I had the opportunity to join Jess Dennis from Red Shoes PR in speaking at Leaderfest for one of the breakout sessions. The topic for their discussion is how to be a killer social media advocate for your business.
5 Business Reasons for Social Media
- Listening & Research to your customers to find out their wants, wishes and pain points. We live in a Web 2.0 world, if you re not a part of it you re missing out on a lot of information.
- Communicating with your customers and prospects, not just about your products and services.
- SEO: Social media is more than just communications and connections, it is a powerful business tool.
- News & Information: Consumer habits have changed, people rely on their social networks and other Web 2.0 sources for news and information.
- It is in line with the business objectives.
Leaderfest is a Regional Young Professional event on April 20th hosted by Pulse, the Young Professionals Network of the Fox Cities Chamber. Below is a video of one of the sessions as well as the presentation itself… Enjoy and comments are always welcome!