Did you know that Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys? This figure doesn’t even encompass children who are ASD (autistic spectrum disorder)…..Please go to Joey’s Dads Autism Walk 2012 page (URL below) and contribute what you can! Most parents with an autistic child wants is to hear an “I Love You.” Reasearch $’s are needed!
• Autism prevalence figures are growing
• More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes & cancer combined
• Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
• Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
• Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
• There is no medical detection or cure for autism
The Donation Page of John Scott Falkenberg: [John Falkenberg is my nephew Joey’s dad.]